Thursday, January 29, 2009

шлушате мусика?

I was recently given some iTunes gift cards which were incredible gifts since I now live in a country whose music sounds like a cat in heat being violently shaken or beaten with a stick. It's great stuff really. Anyway, just figure I'd throw up my thoughts on what I've downloaded in case anyone cares.

808s & Heartbreak: Kanye West Must say, I have never really liked Kanye at all. He seems like kind of a d-bag and his music has always seemed smarmy to me: really overly self indulgent and pompous. But I LOVE this album, it is so radically different than anything else he's done and is one of the most human rap albums I've heard in my life. Love rap as I do, its rarely subject matter that everyone can relate to. But 808s & Heartbreak is really different, Kanye kind of puts a soundtrack to every break up you've had and every time you've felt out of place or disillusioned with life. I don't know, I know its not everyone's type of music but there's something I find very honest and eerie about it that I'm really enjoying a lot. If you haven't checked it out yet (and I realize I'm behind in my music over here, cut me a fuckin break) definitely give it a shot!

The Bird and the Bee I have no idea if I've just never heard of them, but I recently stumbled across this duo and just absolutely love them! It's 'pop' made for adults, kind of hard to describe I guess, but just really great music to listen to while you're cooking bagels or hand washing your sheets in your bathtub. I guess they had a few hits in 2006, but they just came out with a new album as well. If you like electronic-pop-light stuff, check them out.... the vocals are great and I am excited for my first bus trip with these albums.

Circus: Britney
NO WORDS NECESSARY. Just amazing. And don't think I haven't checked her tour dates to see if she's coming to this forgotten region of the world... so far no but if she comes anywhere close I will BE THERE. I would If You Seek Amy her any day.

No comments: