Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

As I sit here on the roof of E Street overlooking the national mall, listening to Britney, sipping on a cocktail at 2:30 in the afternoon with future house mate, Miss Clinton I cannot help but reflect on how I love the summer.

We just put on a show for the State Department featuring the choreographed moves from "4 Minutes" by Madonna and Justin Timberlake. I think they enjoyed it. It seems like post-college life is strikingly similar to college, just without finals and papers...sounds good to me.



Pictured above is the most arduous task of the day, opening a bottle of beer without a bottle opener. Tragic.

This reminds me of the time that Flash, my roommate The Wiz and myself were homeless for the afternoon. In a rush to get to the liquor store before "True Life: I Live in the Projects" aired we inadvertently left the key inside. With none of my other roommates around we were forced to suffer through living life as a street wanderer with our only source of sustenance a huge bottle of champagne and a 6 pack of beer (thankfully twist-off). As we sat in that hallway outside my apartment drinking away I realized how lucky we are to be able to drink excessively in the comforts of our own home and sometimes at Trailer Trash Tuesdays at McFaddens. Two hours later we were safe in the comforts of our apartment, appreciative of the life we had.

So perhaps today when you are about to crack open that beer or bottle of Burnett's finest vodka, take a moment and poor a beer out for our homeless homies...maybe not the whole beer, that would just be a waste.

1 comment:

Flash said...

those were the most trying times of my life. but we made it... stronger and better for the struggle